Sevier County Emergency Radio Service / RACES
are voluntary members who are self supporting. We provide our own equipment without any pay for our service.
We work with the served agencies of Sevier County, TN., under the direction of the emergency management director, EMA, TEMA, FEMA.
We support the sheriff department, fire, local police, rescue, red cross, TN regional health, GIS, and LeConte Medical Center.
We provide communications for special events, such as marathons, and festivals .
CLUB CALLSIGN : KM4LIO
Our trained volunteers are always ready for the call. Notification by:
IF THIS REPEATER IS DOWN, WE WILL MEET ON THE 146.730 REPEATER SYSTEM.
ABOUT R.A.C.E.S. Radio Amateur Civil Emergency Service
- Federal Regulations, Chapter I Federal Communications Commission, paragraph 97 Amateur Radio Service, Subpart E Providing Emergency Communications, 407 Radio amateur civil emergency service. We will provide communications as per Title 47 Telecommunication, Code
- RACES will work other volunteer organizations needing radio communication While we will not perform their duties, we should understand their missions and plan for their operations, or lack of operations, during civil emergencies and war. We should maintain liaison with the National Traffic system (NTS), American Red Cross (ARC), Salvation Army Team Emergency Radio Network (SATERN), Military Affiliate Radio System (MARS), Civil Air Patrol (CAP), and all of the certifying civil defense’s emergency organizations.
- Maintain cadres of RACES operators We must ensure the number and quality of RACES operators meet the needs of our mission. This may require us to reach out to the existing amateur radio community and to enlist new amateurs to complete our mission.
- Provide resources to the Emergency Operations Center. We must maintain qualified RACES operators to meet the needs of the permanent and remote state operations centers.
- We will train on state equipment and provide technical guidance on procuring communications equipment that we will use to save lives and property.
- We will train by taking courses as requested by certifying agencies.
- Provide technical assistance to state and local governments Working with others, will provide technical assistance to the certifying agencies at their request or to their benefit. We will provide guidance documentation on procuring, maintaining, and operating the certifying agency amateur radio equipment located in their EOC or wherever.
- Technical expertise to government requests We will assist our certifying agencies when they are responding to requests from other government agencies. We will consult other amateur radio organizations when time permits.
- Certifying agency/amateur radio community liaison We will communicate the certifying agencys concerns to the amateur radio community and inform the certifying agencies of the concerns on the amateur radio community.
IF YOU LIVE IN SEVIER COUNTY, TN AND WOULD LIKE TO BECOME A MEMBER. PLEASE CONTACT ME AT MY EMAIL.
73, and thank you for viewing our site.